Thursday, November 26, 2009

Enjoying a lazy day or 368.

Oh, the things you may find if you simply start with what you know. I have spent many days arguing with myself over whether or not I should actually put effort into withholding a blog. I live in Denmark as of now and am both overwhelmed with the design and fashion relevance here and overcome with lazyness. I have no real school elements or structure because I am simply an exchange student in a high school learning in a language I do not yet know thoroughly.

I have this year before I am off to college of some sort and I seem to be unravelling in amost mistifying way. I dream of living a life where I create and am surrounded by design. I adore and marvel at fashion design. I am both dumbfounded and amazed by graphic design. Architecture seems altogether impossible. But I always go back to that in my head.

I have decided to produce this blog as means of both rambling and going out in search of something I can really hold on to. To teach myself the names of a few photographers and designers I can remember and know and love. To have some way to shape my own tastes if only slightly and with no real guidelines.

So, I have started at ffffound.com, a bookmarking website full of incredible design and photography that a select group of people pick out for the site. It has much traffic and is throughougly well known so I do not feel it needs much of an introduction.

I can therefore say that my goal for the day has been entirely achieved, I have found one of my new favorite designers that regretably I did not know of before now. I have only just begun to sift through Hedi Slimane's photo diary and fashion diary but am brought to my knees with gratification for this legendary designer.

One of the greats of all time. Here are a few photos that really struck me, or the tip of the ice berg that is my love for this man.











To show simply a few. It could take me a good few hours to look through all of these, thankfully I skpped danish school today and am drinking tea in the basement room of my host family. More to come and at a rapid rate, I can feel the beginning of something.


No comments: