Monday, November 17, 2008

Balenciaga and not knowing stuff

So, while scanning the November Vogue today (since my subscription sucks and I always get new issues late) I couldn't help but notice how many times a certain pair of yellow Balenciaga sandals seem to pop up. At least three times throughout the entire issue. I tried to find a photo of them all over the net and did not succeed, I'm assuming this is because they're from the spring collection that's not on the site anymore. Anywway, I can't decide if I thought their re occurrence was stupid, since it's Winter, or if global warming proves sandals are still acceptable this time of year. They're interestingly popular however. So instead of wasting my time talking about sandals that you can't even see, I thought I'd just comment on a few of my favorites this year in the Balenciaga "pre-collection" (I'm going to pretend I know what that means. Anyone who knows should tell me). What's more, the pre-collection is stunning and original.



These are my two favorite, they just happen to both be worn by the same model. I absolutely adore the contrast and femininity of the first as well as the detail on the jacket. I'm a huge fan of scarves, specifically paisley ones so the second was a definite winner in my eyes, haha. The boots not so much but the intricate tweed jacket is lovely.

That's all for now, I sure do love Balenciaga these days.






1 comment:

Taylor Buck said...

I have an idea. When I come home let's go to a thrift store, maybe goodwill outlet or something, and you can pick stuff out to dress both of us. Maybe you can have sewing plans for some of it. I think it sounds like a fun day-long project. We can go to Unique on Monday before we leave Chicago. It's half price all day.